Finding the best candidates is a challenging task, especially when there are thousands of resumes. A study conducted by Ladders, Inc. shows that the average initial screening time for a candidate’s resume is 7.4 seconds.
Recruiters have to go through many files, and this repetitive task is also prone to error. The next question is how recruiters can find the best candidate and remove under qualified candidates in a quick time. It is where resume parsing helps?
What is Resume Parsing Software
Resume parsing software is the technology that converts the unstructured resume data to structured form for storage, reporting, and manipulation. Resume parser helps recruiters efficiently manage resume data such as contact information, work experience, education details, skills, etc.
How to find the best resume parsing software?
Many companies offer resume parsing services, and finding the best partner can be tough because there are many aspects involved. How do you ensure that product that you are going to invest in the best match and future-ready?
Here I have mentioned a few points that you can keep in mind before investing in resume parsing software.
- Resume parsing should parse all resume formats such as PDF, Doc, Docx, RTF, HTML, etc.
- Resume parser should easily be integrated with the current recruitment system
- It should have a detailed library of taxonomies to recognize candidate skills.
- Machine learning and AI are extremely important for resume parsing for enhanced accuracy.
- The technology should be cost-effective and a resource saver.
- A resume parser should make the hiring process faster and improve the candidate’s experience.
Benefits of resume parsing
- A resume parser can save a lot of time by eliminating manual screening of the resumes.
- You can create a list of passive candidates by saving the data of candidates who are not interested as of now or don’t have positions in their profiles.
- Resume parsing software makes the information more structured. Thus, it becomes more manageable to filter candidates.
- Recruiters can improve the candidate experience by adding it on the apply page to upload the resume, and the resume parser will automatically pull details in the data entry section.
- Resume parsing can help you save time and money.
Resume parsers have achieved near-human accuracy, and if you are not using modern recruitment software, you are missing something. Find out how you can fasten your hiring process and make your life a lot easier.
The original article can be found at: Recruiting Blogs